Posted on 16th September 2019 by Jo Lothian
As the world races to solve the climate crisis, the mining giant Adani are trying to build the biggest coal mine in Australia's history in central Queensland.
…and what is the leading cause of climate change? The mining and burning of coal.
If built, Adani’s Carmichael mine will:
- Destroy the ancestral lands, waters and cultures of Indigenous people without their consent.
- Allow 500 more coal ships to travel through the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area every year for 60 years.
- Get access to 270 billion litres of Queensland's precious groundwater for 60 years, for free.
- Risk damaging aquifers of the Great Artesian Basin.
- Add 4.6 billion tonnes of carbon pollution to our atmosphere.
For more details click here- https://www.stopadani.com/sydney_climate_strike