Diesel Plant Mechanic
|Job Title:||Diesel Plant Mechanic|
|Job Published:||October 15, 2019 15:46|
Mayday Blue recruitment are delighted to be searching for an experienced Diesel Plant Mechanic to join a family owned and operated multi-disciplined road works contractor that services New South Wales.
About the role:
You will be based in their workshop working on their full range of machines and trucks, although the work can vary from day to day constantly offering new challenges. You will be required to perform all mechanical repairs, servicing, air brakes and component rebuilds.
- Experience in preventative maintenance, servicing and repair of heavy duty diesel vehicles
- Experience with road making equipment and vehicles preferred
- Some auto electrical knowledge would be beneficial
- Fault finding and diagnostic experience
- Experience in meeting multiple task deadlines
- A commitment to safe work practices; The ability to upkeep and maintain service/maintenance records, and upload them into our system (Verizon & Connect).
- current drivers licence
Skills and Experience
- A relevant trade certificate & qualification (heavy vehicle mechanic, Road Transport (MVA) qualification) is essential
- Good Driving Record, no recent moving or driving violations
- Heavy Rigid (HR) Truck licence is beneficial but not essential
- Forklift licence (FL) is beneficial
- OH&S induction for construction industry (White Card)
- A flexible attitude towards varied start and finish times, must be adaptive to work overtime, night shift & weekend work as required
- Monday to Friday work with overtime and call outs
- Onsite parking
- Up to $40per hour
- Potential to go perm
If this role sounds like the one you're looking for, please apply now.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's